BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Posing!

Yesterday during my lunch hour, I went to one new joint not so close to my office to eat, so I had to take my car. The food men, was yummy. I was confused about what to eat because there were so many mouth watering choices on display. There was ofada rice with the ofada source, amala and ewedu, pounded yam with egusi and dry fish, okro, efo, peppered snails, bush meat, beans and dodo, gbogbo e. Name it, they had it. I was walking back and forth trying to make up my mind on what to eat, like a little child let loose in a candy shop. I didn't know one guy just dey corner dey scope me. Finally I chose to eat amala and ewedu, with assorted meat (I know y'all are salivating!). I paid for my food and sat down to eat. My lunch hour is precious to me and I do not appreciate any intrusion from the outside world. As soon as I sat down, the stranger walked up to my table with his own tray and asked if the other seat was vacant. He was well dressed and good looking. I told him it was but I was a bit irritated he chose my table, when there were other empty tables around. He sat down and here is how things went down.

Him: Hi, my name is Kelly. Saw you from across the room. Hope you don't mind my asking for your company over lunch?
Me: *Chewing a piece of meat, looking at my food and hoping he'll take the hint*
Him: You are?
Me:*Grumpily* I don't talk to strangers.
Him: *laughing* She's funny as well as beautiful.
Me: If you don't mind, I'm trying to eat my lunch in peace.
Him:Ok, don't want to interrupt your lunch (was relieved that he'd be leaving, but he continued) I'll just sit here then.
Me: Suit yourself.
Him: I work in ABC Co. What university do you attend?
(See me o! university ke? I had removed my jacket and was wearing a shirt and pair of trousers. I had no idea that I was looking like a school chick!! So I decided to play along. I don't know why. I could be naughty like that sometimes.)
Me: Why do you want to know?
Him: I'm curious about you. I'm hoping that we could be friends. *bla bla bla...*
He was trying to impress me. He called the name of some big shots and said that they were his clients. He said all kinds of things and I was really amused. I let him just run his mouth until he was satisfied. I wondered why he was 'posing'. He even called the biggest boy in my company and said they were friends. I almost burst out laughing, but continued to looked awed. That seemed to inspire him some.

Lunch was over and I said it was time for me to leave. I learnt we were going in the same direction. We got outside and he began fumbling for his wallet and saying something about paying for my taxi fare as a big boy! He said he was planning to buy one very expensive car soon and that it cost millions. That was almost my undoing! I told him not to worry, that I drove my car and that I could drop him off at work as we were going in the same direction. He almost entered into the ground. He wanted to refuse the offer, but I convinced him otherwise. Besides, the Abuja sun these days no be small. We got into my car and he saw my ID card. When he saw the company I worked with, he felt really small. If he had known, he would have just been himself, instead of trying to be someone else. After he regained his composure, he asked me when I finished school, to be working in a place like that and whether I could hook him up to get a job there as well. I didn't want to remind him that he said he knew my oga. *hiss*. Pathetic.

I just wonder why some people like posing. It's better to be yourself and let people decide if they like you based on who you really are and not based on a lie. We stand to gain nothing from pretense but embarrassment! Poor Kelly. Hope he learned a valuable lesson, although I seriously doubt it. He seemed like a pro, like he'd been doing it for a long time. I wonder if any chick ever fell for it!

Got to go now. Hope to be back tomorrow.
I'm out.

35 comments:

onydchic said...

And that my dear, is the male ego at work.
I loved how you let him run his mouth till he saw your car and ID card!!!
Many guys like chasing university chicks cos they think they will be fascinated by a working-class big boy! He has missed road.
I always find it funny when some guy from nowhere asks first,'what school are you in?'
I'm working, dude!!! You can't trip me with your 'possessions'!

Girlie said...

lol.....u go girl....Classy babe.....thats ur new name actually..

AM SECOND!!!!!!woop woop.....

xxx

caramel said...

omgggggggggggg.. that just cracked me up.. foolish dude..say wetin

ibiluv said...

No mind am
I do dislike it when gys do that......
So Uni babes are suppossed to be.....
what?
he's sooooo crazy....liked the silent treatment u gave him...it always works

Simi Speaks said...

9ja men and their runs. lol.

come o, wat company do u work for, for real? enuff to intimidate the poor dude!

Obinwanne said...

the bobo fall him hand...eyaa...i could picture him....

darkelcee said...

one mugun for don fall at one time or the other.

Male hormones in action.

but sure did have fun.

c u tomorrow too

desperate lady said...

serves him right! you shouldn't have given him a ride, let him catch the bus.

Brilliantly Me said...

Haha way to put him in his place! Btw, green is my favorite color so I just love love love visiting your page.

bumight said...

lol, he just met u and he's already thinking of buying u a car?
rotflmao!!!!

guerreiranigeriana said...

lol @ desperate lady...idiot boy...serves him right...i do like the way you handled it...quite gracefully because you could have seriously disgraced him...

guerreiranigeriana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naija Chickito said...

@onydchic-lol.
'I'm working, dude!!! You can't trip me with your 'possessions'!
lmao. That was really funny. No mind them!

@girlie-oh babe. Thanks. I appreciate it. I am classy ain't I? lol

@caramel-no mind am. Yeye.

@ibiluv-I guess he felt there'd be no way someone as young as me could be working. Too bad for him.

@Simi- If I tell you, part of my anonymity would be gone. Maybe someday.Lol

@Obinwanne-yes, big time.

@darkelcee-lol

@DL-Abi? Lol. Just wanted to teach him a lesson sha.

@rayo-Oh, thank you girl.And I just love having you here!

@bumight-buy me car ke? lol. no, he said he didn't have a car yet, but was planning to buy a really expensive one. No mind am. Fake guy.

@guerreiranigeriana-seriously. but he did that all by himself!

Edirin said...

AW POOR GUY, TO FLENCH NO GOOD O,he shud have just kept his kool, to make matters worse he asked u to hook him up with a job..damn,poor poor kelly.

Orientatednaijababe said...

I like ur coolness and calmness over this matter...i hope d dude don learn sha, next time it might not be someone as nice as u....

Classy madam, we shud be learning from u

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hiss. useless boy. do gals actually fall 4 this kinda trash?.

Anu boy said...

oh boy... this guy don kill me finish.... lol

the guy don fall him hand well, and he still get liver siddon for your car... meanwhile....

he still had liver to ask you for a job.. lol my guy humble himself shap shap

Anonymous said...

lol..thats soo funny, yeh i thot he knew ur oga? shame no even catch am self, he is still asking u to hook him up..ahn ahn kai...naija guys men whats all ds "posing' about...lol...great topic and nice story..lol

Joy Akut said...

ha..see him claiming big boy..
i just love seeing the wannabes caught in their lie..

u should have helped get the job for him alright...as an office assistant.lol

GamineGirlie said...

lol

Guys!!!

Na by force to pose!

if you wan do, do am well na!

Afrobabe said...

lmao...the guy na mumu...

mennn almost got confused with all that mention of food...ofada this ofada that..

do u want to kill those of us outside naija..

make unna no make me pack bag dey come house oh....

Anonymous said...

1st of all u have made my mouth water with all d food you mentioned

Anonymous said...

SHIT!!!!!!!!!i am sure the guy will be thinking of his life when he gets back home!chei!

Anonymous said...

thats funny. poor guy... i dont know if i'da been that patient with him though

little miss me said...

men the food you were listing in the beginning just started to make my mouth water, i wish you didnt stop!!!
as for brother kelly lol, poor dude, he should just been himself instead of all the lies,imagine the humiliation he must has felt entering your ride and seeing your ID..eyaaaaa

Jennifer A. said...

lollllll...poor Kelly!!!!!! Alan poser!!!! But some people can dey pose sha o!!!!

Unknown said...

Pretty sure he learnt his lesson.

ablackjamesbond said...

Am sure my guy will take some time off 'toasting' chics.

Allied said...

lol.. some people are funny sha

Unmodern said...

LMAO

Naija is full of poseurs sha. This oen wasnt even posing (as per you pose when you have something to work with ...he was just plain making stories up )

desperate lady said...

um baby sis derz sum'n called updating!

Naija Chickito said...

@F&F-poor him ke?

@Orientatednaijababe-awww. thanks.

@anonymous gal-Me sef wonder.

@anu boy-that's the end result of posing!

@riquediva-thanks baby.

@fantasy queen-lol.

@gaminechic-thank you jare. make una hear o.

@Afrobabe-pack your bags and come home! you don't know what you are missing.

@pink-satin-yeah...goat meat pepper soup, moi-moi and eko, fresh fish stew,semo and bitter leaf soup, starch and banga, owo and plaintain...should I go on?

@geisha-really? I kinda have the patience if I think there's a lesson to be learnt. (Wanted to be a teacher when I was younger!)

@little miss me-lol. Word

@jaycee- My sis...

@olamild-lol

@ablackjamesbond-You think? I think not! He'll just look for unsuspecting mugus.

@allied-uh huh

@unmodern-No mind am

@desperate lady- I'm really sorry sis, been having one hell of a week. but I'm on top of things. I'm updating now.

Ms. emmotions said...

i think its an interiority complex thing, u naw not comfy in his own body.

people just dont know u can be a cleaner and yet make a lasting impression,

Naapali said...

so next time send me some peppered snail!

Ms. emmotions said...

inferiority***