BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Wife?

It's so much easier to go around reading other peoples blogs and leaving comments. I try to update every single day, but I start and never finish. Work nko? It sure doesn't help the matter. A lot of things are happening and I know I should blog about them. This post is a bit long (sorry o, the story plenty!) I know, but I don't want to do part two like some people (DL, na you I dey talk. Go update jo)!

First off, last weekend was some thing else. I traveled home to attend a wedding. I arrived on Saturday morning and went straight to my Parents' house to get ready for the wedding which was to begin by noon, abi where was I supposed to go before? Let me take this slow. My Dad sent a driver to come pick me from the airport. Boo followed me inside just to greet my parents and then the driver took him to his own house. A few minutes before 12 noon, Boo returned to pick me up and we left the house. (I have a bad habit of sometimes leaving my phone at home if I feel I might not have any need for it, or I just don't want to be disturbed and that day was one of such days.)

We arrived at the wedding and I was there enjoying my self jejely with my man and I felt this great urge to turn my head to look behind me. Ah, there she was! Boo's Mother. She had this accusing look in her eyes. I waved and smiled at her, she just moved her eyes up and down (as in she eyed me very well) and turned her head away. I just pretended I was waving to someone else. I turned to Boo and asked, 'Why is your Mom mad at me? Have I done something wrong or is it her just being her usual self?'
Boo smiled at me and said, 'Pay her no mind babe, she's just being herself,' and he winked at me.
'It's only because of you that I put up with her, hope you know that,' and I just kept grumbling to myself about why she won't just give me a chance and blah, blah bla. Boo took my hand and squeezed it and we continued to enjoy the wedding and I forgot about Boo's Mom for a while.

At the reception, I noticed that all of Boo's sisters had arrived. All six of them. From my table,I could see everyone sitting at their own table. Boo's parents, his sisters and some of their friends. I got up to go say hi and tell them I'd be coming to the house later in the day to pay them a visit. As I approached, I noticed one really pretty chick sitting at the table. I couldn't help but notice her. She was a very attractive- light, smooth complexion, lovely hair, slender body- woman. She couldn't have been much older than me. I greeted Boo's dad first, and he stood up to give me a hug. That gave me the strength to face the brood of vipers! lol. He asked after my parents, my health, etc, like a true father would. Then I turned to greet the others. Mom first.
'Hello Mom, it's so good to see you. You look wonderful. I believe all is well?' I had on this plastic smile and it threatened to break if worn for much longer.
'I am fine. So you are too big to reply my text messages now? Hmm, this our wife. I wanted to know why you didn't think you should have come to greet your in-laws when you entered town. I know my son was at your house. I don't believe that this is how your mother taught you to behave toward the family you have plans of marrying into. Is this how you intend to impress us?' See me o. Impress them, what for? I just stood there dumb founded.
Boo's dad came to my rescue. He said, 'Woman, leave her alone. Why do you bother the child?' I felt like crying. Me I get Mama too o. I felt like telling her off. But for Boo's sake I held my tongue, and said instead, still smiling (I'm sure the smile had broken off on some parts of my face!lol) 'Ah Mommy. I just went home to change. Will be at the house after the wedding. And I didn't know you sent me a text. My phone is at home. I am sorry.'

She just made one sound in her throat and turned way. Then as if thinking aloud, she said, 'If you don't like what you have, there are others who will take it from you and do a better job with it.' I didn't understand what she meant then. I greeted Boo's sisters and went back to my table. Then the pretty girl I saw earlier came over to my table and said to Boo, 'Your mom asked me to get you.' Her voice was really sweet and she looked really innocent with her big eyes. She stretched out her hand shyly and he took it. Before leaving with her, he did a quick introduction. I learned her name was *Bianca and her family was friends with his family. As they walked away, she held on to him as if holding on for dear life. It was quite funny to me. When they got to the other table, it was so obvious she was smitten by him. She was flirting with him quite openly and Boo's family members were looking on with approval. I wasn't bothered. I went to the dance floor and danced for a while, went around greeting old friends and generally having a good time.

After the wedding party, Boo and I went straight to his house. From all that had happened at the party, it was obvious to me that this Bianca girl was planted by Boo's mom to try and seduce her son. I no ku ku sabi fight for man. He has to make his decision to stay with me or not. Boo's mom was always saying so I could hear, 'Bianca is this, Bianca is that.' She was just being childish as far as I'm concerned. The boy has made his choice, why won't they just leave him be?

When his mom said 'Ah Boo, Bianca will be coming to Abuja in 2 weeks. She's in Nigeria for a month and I will appreciate it and consider it a personal favor, if you would entertain her for the period she will be in Abuja,' I just smiled to myself. She couldn't have been any more forward.
He asked Bianca if she had already booked her hotel and his mom came in again, 'Hotel ke? What for? Isn't your house big enough? You have 3 bedrooms, surely She can stay in one of them.' I continued to listen to this conversation as if they were discussing some tennis game in which I had no interest in whatsoever. This went on and on and Boo firmly rejected to have her in his house. He was willing to book her into a hotel and show her around town when she came in, but that was where he drew the line. 'That's my man, I thought to myself!'

Momsie, seeing she was getting no where with her dubious plan said, 'Or is it because of Chickito? Chickito my dear, will you mind if he let her stay in his house for a few days?' hehehehe. Very funny. Since when did I become her dear? Abegi!
I replied sweetly, 'I think he can make up his own mind Mom. Whatever he decides is Ok with me.'

Anyway, let me cut the long story short. My mother in law (to be) wants to give her son another wife. Imagine that. I mean, she disrespects me already, but this was taking it up a notch! I am not jealous at all. The chick is fine but I can hold my own against her any day. I am not moved at all. Boo even tried to reassure me of his love and commitment to me. I told him I knew and I didn't need convincing. My only fear is that when we do finally get married I hope the woman will not continue her meddling ways. She is over bearing, and I keep praying to God for the grace to bear 'the burden' (she is the burden). AMEN.

That's it for now folks. I'm signing out right now. I gat to get back to work. Muahhhh

67 comments:

Thirty + said...

Firstieeeee.

Long post lemme go and read.

Thirty + said...

Chickito, how many ears you get. Just master that plastic smile well well o. And carry on your diplomacy just the way you responded to her on the gurl staying in his house.

You sabi pray, just settle her on your knees shikena you no get stori to yarn with her.

darkelcee said...

Chikito you are very ok.(office slang)

I am not sure i can cope with all this.pele

You sure do need grace to handle them all.

i am sure God will not allow you to be "devoured"

Naija Chickito said...

@30+- Thanks babes. I know what I have to do. But it's not easy, it's not....arrghh, the nerve of the lot!

@derkelcee-Amen o. I need all the prayer I can get, for the times when I'm too weak or angry to pray.

Anonymous said...

Na wa O. This is one scary monster in Law.

I admire the way you have handled her negativity thus far.

God will give you the grace to deal with the burden.

Zena said...

From what I've read, you handled it really well and with grace, not sure I would've bn that...entertaining of both of them

It seems you have a good man, as long as he's by your side, I don't think you'll have a problem,

cheers

onydchic said...

Go BOO!!!!! Your fiance rocks! Mother-in-laws, eh?

I'd write more but I gotta go! Mwuuuahh!

Anonymous said...

You are cool under pressure sha! Good for you. Your self confidence and sense of self worth will carry you far.

Boo did well too but you were the star in this story. Bravo!

bumight said...

my mom had 5 sister-in-laws that do not really like her. she's had to be veeery diplomatic with them.
If you plan on marrying boo, u'd have to deal with his mom and sisters for the rest of your life. You'd have to be veeery diplomatic, even more so than you are now.
Instead of waving to Boo's mom for instance, u could have (or my mom would have) gone over to her to greet her with a plastic hug or even kneel to greet her (even if you really feel like strangling her).
Unfortunately, that's how its going to be if you really want to be with boo.
goodluck!

Anonymous said...

wow, u try oh...i swear! well i think prayer is the key but men she is a great hurdle i pray u guys cross soon enuff...its well

Beyond said...

no too worry yourself., just keep praying.... God will give you the grace to condone her.

Unknown said...

DO you love your man?
DO you care about him?
DO you want him badly?
DO you need him in your life?
DO you wish the mother-in-law approved of you?


If you answered yes to some or all of these questions

Get on your kneels and PRAY gurl
that's the only solution.

Unknown said...

babe,i must say u get heart.i can't trust myself under such a situation.as long as u guys love each other and boo supports you completely,u don't have a problem.if god didn't want you both together,u wud be apart long time.just keep praying for grace and strenghth to overcome obstacles like ur mother-in-law

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!your monster in law wants to get rid of you!wait sef the sisters what is their own!what is their bif with you and why dont they like you!as 30+ said that plastic smile master am well..just be nice to her..if you make d mistake of being rude to her she will use it against you so bad and cause wahala!just be nice and i believe that with time she will grow to like you!but she went far with bianca o!just talk to your boo..thank God his father is in support sa!girl i tell you its not going to be easy esp once you are married but God dey o

Anonymous said...

i had to leave another comment..its the sister that are annoying me sef!as in wont they too marry one day(thats some if them are not married already)..will they like it if they were treated like that!!

Joy Akut said...

ouch...ignore em', thats the best bet,
you've just got to smile all the way through no matter how much your cheeks hurt, they'll get tired.

and as long as dads got your back they aint got nothing on you, all you've got to do is tear up real good and complain to him once in a while, and he sure would shut em up enough for you to breath in before they get on your case again.

but gosh, i hate attitudes and i'm sure i wouldnt be able to hold my own if i was you.

tobenna said...

You should change your name to drama queen :)
A lot of stuff is happening to you at the same time! Darn.
You could sell your story to Zeb Ejiro.
I like your stance on the 'no sex before marriage'. You slept on the same bed with 'Boo' and nothing happened?! Una strong oh.
Wish I could say something on the mother in law thing, but I have no advice. Guys are usually clueless on stuff like this.
All the best though, and God's grace.

Ms. emmotions said...

hmmm, u are a tough one gal, not a lot of gals have it in them,
way to go gal, i appreciate people who know wat they worth....need not struggle at all

Girlie said...

i feel you on the updating thing!!!it is quite erm......time consuming....i have a lot of unpublished posts....

na wa

As per the post....hmmn.,..
u r one toughie....
I dont know wot to say apart from good luck hun!!!!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

Hiss. that boos mum.hiss but i give u thumbs up. u handled it really well. u are one composed gal. boo is lucky to hv u and vice versa. but madam romance aside if u marry boo this might the situation might change or go worse o. talk to ur mum bout it and yes PRAY.AND SCREW HIS SIS They are so irritatin and 2 think i dont know them

Naija Chickito said...

@Condi-Amen. thanks dear.

@zena-I don't have a choice but to handle it the way I do, except I don't want to marry Boo. God is helping me.

@onydchic-Babes, wassup? Boo rocks, yeh? Thank you. Don't mind them (some of them in-laws are straight from hell!)

@goodnaijagirl-Thanks babes. God will keep helping me.

@Bumight-I think I'm doing the best I can. I didn't go to greet her at that time because we were at the church, getting up would have meant causing some distraction. Then after I reach her, she go come disgrace me for inside church? Tufiakwa. Shame to bad people dem!

She ain't worth the stress. Will just continue to respect her as I am doing.
Thank you babes.

@Risquediva-Yes dear, it is well.

@Beyond- To condone her en? lol. No be lie. I need grace to do that.

@olamild- Yes gurl, I dey pray seriously these days o. I know God hears prayers.

@shalewa-If you were in my shoes, I'm sure you would do what I'm doing. Because I love him, I do it for him.

@Pink-satin-"Monster in law" huh. lol. I can only thank God for Boo's father. I wonder why he married the thing of a woman!

@fantasy queen-i'm sure you would hold your own very well if you were me! lol. Me wen no like to smile before...smiling has become my hobby cos of them!

@tobenna-Ok, I can tell you went back to read my previous posts! We been through a lot, Boo and I. But I don't think it will make for interesting TV, nah, not by a long shot. lol

@ms emmotions- I'm tough ain't I? Yeh! lol

@girlie- My love. Thank you. I gat more than luck on my side tho. Howz things? Business and all? Be good

Love ya.

@anon gal-I talk to my mom, but I don't let her know the full extent of the problem cos she'll be real pissed. I'm the apple of her eyes and as far as she's concerned, everyone should be kissing my behind. I don't know if I should tell her everything. I just want to let God handle it. I told my Dad tho, and he asked me to pray and decide if Boo was really 'it' for me.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm . . . Just stumbled on your blog a few days ago and u gat some cool stories to tell. I am particularly impressed with your ability to combine good moral standards as well as a fun-filled life (lol).
This your matter with the mother-in-law is not a very palatable one. I am a guy and will tell u a simple truth - - - This matter can be resolved only by one person. Your Boo!
That is the gospel truth. Sometimes I wonder why a guy will allow himself to be pushed around without putting his feet down finally. I do not need to fight my mum for her to accept my babe, nopes there are better ways to do it. I will also not allow my babe to be involved in the crossfire, I would definitely fight the battle for her. You must really be in love with him evidently and I commend you for that 'cos it is a good thing to fight for what you have. But make sure you discuss with your man and let him know how uncomfortable u are with the situation. He should go discuss with his dad who might be the key to resolving this problem. I don talk too much already ... it is well.

desperate lady said...

wth??????????????? babes r u serious? his mom acts just like my mom, n ur such a sweetheart cos i def wont take that nonsence from that woman......wut kinda disrespectful ish is d@?
*sighs*, ur man is d bomb i tell ya, ur sure he doesnt have a brother?

Edirin said...

oh what a mess, this woman sef

i dont even know what to say about her, just carry on doing what you are doing, at least its not her you are marrying, only her will get tired when she sees none is paying her attention.

grumpy cow

Simi Speaks said...

ummmm. heavy.

like i said earlier, make sure he has a strong backbone to deal with both mum and sisters. kai, 6 women to contend with? oga di e. pls dont tell me they all live in abj? some distance will go a looonng way.

will update soon o jare. thx for checking up. :-0)

Naija Chickito said...

@ayobami-Hey. Boo is very strong. If he didn't have a back-bone, his mom will have had so much fun at my expense. She is a very stubborn woman, and headstrong too, but Boo stands up for me. Of course her threats are all empty, but he can't force her to accept me.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it.
Peace.

@DL- My sis. I don't think your mom is half as bad as this woman o! lol. I really wish Boo had a brother, then we will become real sisters.

@F&F-Uh huh. We'll just keep ignoring her. Attention seeking excuse of a woman! (Not really a nice thing to say, I know *sigh*)

@Simi-No o. Ah! None of them lives here. That would have been Murder. Thank God for little mercies. Two of them reside in London with their families. The other four are scattered around Nigeria. They all congregate at home for holidays and family functions tho. They are a very close knit bunch.

rethots said...

"...didn't think you should have come to greet your in-laws when you entered town." Why do i feel everything is wrong with this statement?
...seems to me, 'tis the guy that should do all the impressing to convince the babe's folks that he is responsible and they can leave the care of their (precious) daughter to him.
My thots...

Bookie19 said...

I salute you well well.. U handled her like a professional..I dont know if i can stomach all that disrespect..Kai..which one is her own..
I hope she doesn't keep up this foolishness when u guys get married..Let the woman leave u guys alone and pay attention to her own marriage jo..
Shey his sisters dont kno that they will also get mariied and may have to deal with the mess they are dishing out to u..

Parakeet said...

I read your post punctiliously and it made me think a lot. Why are we women like this? If she had a wicked mother-in-law like she's trying to be will she have all those beautiful kids and still be in her husband's house? Your story calls to mind the story of a young 24yr old girl I know whose mother-in-law to be is making her life hell just because she's a virgin and works in a bank. The woman cant come to terms with the fact that there are pretty girls who choose to be a virgin and can hold down a good job. I dont know why for the life of me she thinks the poor girl is after her son's money and wants her to get pregnant before their wedding. My dear Chickito its only God you can continue to pray to and he will rescue you in earnest...(Amen).

Anonymous said...

Sisterly, you're strong o, i would have started weeping from the reception.Dance floor ke, mehn i need to be hard like you. Thank God for Boos dad, at least hes on your side. Me thinks Bianca is a stupid girl who needs to go find her own man somewhere else, nonsense and ingredients, what rubbish. As for the burden, the bible says we should cast all care and burden on him, lol, its by prayer and fasting o, the devil is a liar. I dont get some mothers sha, shey she wants to be making decisions for him now, lawd. It is well.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

its true if ur mum knows the full extent then she will likely tell u to call it off. meanwhile talk to boo about it.in a calm manner o. dont wait till an episode b4 u talk 2 him.

Zayzee said...

u need to win that woman over oh! and fast at that. it's all an ego thing, so just make sure u massage hers properly and always at the right time.

Afrobabe said...

Mennnn that ur mother in law mean u oh....she wey suppose dey thank God say no be afrobabe they bring come house...

But I think u handled the situation very well...big ups babe, keep it up...

guerreiranigeriana said...

i salute you o for the mature manner in which you handled that whole ordeal...na wa for this your mother-in-law...and because of skin color only...some people have a lot of evolving to do...stay true to you love...

Anu boy said...

babe, forget jare, just continue to pray, if he really is for you, God will sort her out...

one day, you will be laughing together,,,,

e go better

AkaniZZle said...

Why do mother in law, always do this, if they don’t like yo u, they are out to make your life a misery

Its so annoying, if you and your boyfriend are not strong, she might succeed.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Don't build up tantrums on someone who'll never understand your stance, so says a wise man.

Cheers.

desperate lady said...

ur update is finally here sugar.

UndaCovaSista said...

Hey girl. All i can think of to say is It is well...sounds like that grace you've been praying for is sustaining you. Stay strong...

Naija Idol said...

hmmm.. My boyfriends (ex) mother once scolded me for not greeting her in her language( i never fit learn my own finish). i felt like kicking her fat ass.At least ur boo stands up for u. dats gud.i know ull be able to handle this situation. just pray and everthin ll b fine.

flawsandall said...

boo loves you...be strong

Aphrodite said...

Chickito, everyone has said everything.
Just be strong and act like they got nothing on you.
Hopefully ur boo will always stand up to them on ur behalf.
Wish u luck.

Semirah said...

Awww love, just stay strong and the fact that you showed trust in your man whilst he was dealing with his mom shows a great depth in your relationship. aLSO THE GOOD THIS IS YOU SHOWED RECOGNITION FOR THE FACT THAT HE RESPECTS YOU.
All will be well, stay steadfast in your prayers and God will shut the eyes of evil and pave a good way for you.

Naija Vixen said...

Dang! Boo's mumsie na WORK! You're handling it well but keeping your cool but at the same tyme letting her know you are no pushover.

Anya Posh said...

naija chickito, i missed u! i haven't been on ur blog in a while. i hope everything is going alright. Abeg fashi boo's mom o! she will keep trying but you have to stand ur ground.

Tinu said...

eya...mehn u need so serious prayer!! unless this woman wont let ur breath!!!

Manda said...

this is the main reason why every single gurl prays to meet a man witout a mother in law! Babes, God is on ur side and he will sure fight ur battle in Jesus name!Amen.

Hephzibah said...

Babe, na wah oh!

However, my observation just liek bumight noted, I think you should ahve gone over, knelt down to greet instead of waving as per she is special wincho...just feed her what she wants....

wither way, the floor must never be far from ur knees oh! na to pray continously like soja be dat!

Anya Posh said...

LOL...naijachic you too funny o! as per "the floor must never be far from ur knees"...hilarious. Abeg I hope naijachickito doesn't turn into the woman's doormat hmmm....

Girlie said...

BABE................UPDATE...PLS!!!!!11
am dying.....lol

xxx

Aspiring nigerian woman said...

you are very strong, with all these mother-in-law palava.I don't know how you are ever going to manage with your mother-in-law and sisters when married. It is really like playing with fire when you saw the smoke a long time ago.

Naapali said...

Boo is cool and my kind of guy. After you two have done the do (gotten married that is :-)) u are both welcome to hang in my abode any day, for real.

As for your mother in law, she is not going to change, you will have to accept that and be prepared to deal with it for the rest of your life. She sees you as a challenge and someone coming to take her only son from her. So far you have not shown a willingness to bend to her will so she will torture you. You will be fine as long as you understand this. The only time I would be worried is if she started being nice, because that would suggest she was up to something devious.

ablackjamesbond said...

I agree with Naapali...she will not change...she will continue to see u as competition. Trust me. I know

NaijaScorpio said...

Is there a reason why she doesn't like u? I don't anything is going to change just like that when u get married. I wish i could give u the magic formula on how to deal with her, but i've never been married b4, so i wish u all the best.

I think u should continue to tolerate her just cos of her son.

Zayzee said...

alright, hope the Easter was swell. Where is the update?

aloted said...

hi girl, just stumbling on ur blog and have read almost all ur posts (at work! can u imagine). anyway i think u are real....i think i'll be here more often...;)

All the best with ur inlaws...at least it is a good thing u guys are not in the same geographic location and that your man has ur back...

It is well!

darkelcee said...

Madam
you will not get new wife after you by fire. so pleaseeeeeee update.

friday is pretty too long you now?

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

that is some serious drama. at least u have ur boo on ur side:-)

Naija Chickito said...

I'll be back soon hopefully. Trying to sort myself out. Love you all my sweeties and thank you for always checking up on me.

Ms. emmotions said...

oya now! me am back now and u disappear or wat?

LG said...

Dearie, no worry, Nobody fit take ur own.
cheers

AJIKE said...

This si somewhat late but whatever mehn....

you are so patient o, from the voice o fthis post, i don't sense any atom of anger..very good girl

Nothing do you jare...all these mother inlaws and thier palava's..hiss

xx

doll (retired blogger) said...

mother inlaws to be self!!!!!!!! na wow

Naija Sutra said...

ahn ahn, no shaking....hehe

mother in laws are like dat but wen ure as secured as u are with ur BOO, you tend to not flinch for sorts.

ShadeCrown said...

Oh ma gosh dat kain mother in law.. gawd. u handled d whole shege very well cuz if na me..Lord knws what i would have said. Just take it easy with her sha, i knw how hard it cn be but it doesnt matter cuz boo loves u and he's happy with u and he aint going nowhere. But mother-in-law gorra chill nawww, she's a woman too so she shud understand how it feels not to be accepted by ur in laws mother.

Anonymous said...

First off, you've got mad props from me for giving the cute girl her due!! Mad respect!!
Secondly, I'm glad your resentment was not misplaced, it was directed at the right person. The mother. Not Bianca.

I'm vindictive, I would have agreed for the girl to stay over and let her hear us having sex EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. and then tell her she's welcome to "come back" anytime.

Hey, I never claimed to be classy.

Naija Chickito said...

@abbie- lol. you crack me up gurl!