BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Matters Arising

Yesterday was really hectic for me. I'm all woozy at the office and I have a pile to attend to, but I still can not resist the tempting pull of blogsville.

I got home by 7:00pm from the office last night and wandered straight into the kitchen. The house was unusually quiet. I didn't bother to check if my flatmate was home. I microwaved a plate of jollof rice and chicken that I found in the fridge and ate it in the kitchen. I did all this before I even changed my clothes. I washed my plate and went to my room. I took off my clothes and lay down on my bed. I told myself that I would nap for 10 minutes and get up to shower and go see Boo. We had a date for 8:00pm. I was to meet him at the Hilton for a party which the company where he works was organizing. I had everything all planned out and just needed to snooze for a bit. But as it turned out, I slept on until I heard the sounds of a commotion from somewhere deep within my subconscious mind..what da?

'Chickito please let Duke stay in your bathroom! Bayo will kill me today,' my flatmate Sade was saying from far, far away... then I realized it wasn't so far away, but very close. I was so confused. What is going on? I thought to myself? Then it started coming together. I jumped out of bed just as Sade was switching on the lights and I was stark naked. Of course I wouldn't have minded if it was just both of us but this familiar stranger was standing right in front of my bed. (I met Duke about a week ago under some shady circumstances)

'Ah Sade,' was all I could say before quickly reaching for my night shirt under my pillow. By this time I was raving mad. I was fuming, but I kept my calm. Then I heard something else. This time, the noise seemed to be coming from the front door.

'Open this door before I break it down,' someone bellowed. I couldn't quite make out who it was.
'Quick Chickito, hide Duke, let me go and open the door for Bayo. (Bayo is her fiance.) He can't see Duke here,' her eyes were pleading as she ushered the guy into my bathroom.
I was past listening to her at this point, I pulled on a pair of jeans trousers and proceeded to walk out of my room. By this time Sade was on her knees, begging.

'Please don't let Bayo know about Duke, I will make it up to you, please,' she wailed. I couldn't pity her, but I was beyond speaking. I heard my phone ringing, it was my Boo's special ringtone, so I went back toward my bed to get the phone. I glanced at the clock, the time was past midnight. O my God, my date with Boo. Oh no, I moaned softly to myself. I picked up the phone to answer it. More banging on the door.

I answered the phone, 'Hello dear, I'm so sorry, I slept off. Let me call you back...' I was cut off.
'Thank God you are alright. Now come and open the bloody door,' he said in a very harsh tone. He had never spoken to me with that tone of voice before.
'Oh, are you the one at the door? I will be right there.' The line went dead before I finished talking.

As soon as I opened the door, Boo charged in. 'What on earth is going on here?' The whole situation was so funny, but I dared not laugh. 'I have been calling you for ever, but you have refused to answer my calls,' he said.
'Let me explain. I slept off because I was really tired. I didn't realize it was so late. I swear baby, I was so gone, that I didn't even hear my phone ring,' it occurred to me that I heard some kind of melody in my dreams. It sounded like some annoying program on TV. I tried switching off the TV several times in my dream. Anyway... 'I'm so sorry babe, calm down. Come, let's sit down and talk,' I patted the space beside me on the couch and he began walking toward me, when this Duke fellow burst out of my room, looking like one criminal. I had almost forgotten his presence. I turned to Boo to try to explain but he had already gone ballistic. I could see the look in his eyes, but he didn't say a word.

Duke rushed past us and on his was out of the flat, said, 'Hey bro, it's not what you think.'
With that, he was gone. The house was so quiet, like the eye of a storm, then all hell broke loose. To cut the long story short, I was finally able to calm Boo down and explain what had just taken place. Sade had quietly and shamefacedly entered her room.I told him that I was as confused as he was about the Duke fellow. He told me that I must leave that house even if it meant forfeiting the remaining part of my rent money. The one that really made him mad was that this Duke guy had seen my nakedness, what he hadn't been so privileged to preview. He wanted to call Sade out, but I talked him out of it. Since she didn't think now was the time to come out and explain herself (or better still, apologize!), I just told him i would handle it.

We talked for a while before he went home. I promised him that we'll spend quality time together today. It was 1:30am when he finally left. I couldn't sleep again till past 4:00am this morning. Just stayed awake and watched E! Sade had vanished into thin air. Didn't hear a sound from her room when I was getting ready for work by 6:00am. Her room lights were switched off. I didn't bother going in to ask her anything. I want her to stew a bit, wondering if I'll tell her fiance. I thought the whole saga was over. She promised she'd tell me about him the first time he slept over but never did. See me see wahala o!

32 comments:

onydchic said...

Holy crap. Wow. Welll talk about DRAMA!!!
That could have ended SO badly, you know!
Really that girl needs to control her messes by herself. If it was me I would have thrown the two of them out of my room.
But I admit, while the whole Duke barging in on you nude was not desirable, do you think its wise to move out just because your flatmate is cheating on HER fiance?

Uzo said...

Well then...This room mate is becoming a problem isnt she?

princesa said...

LMAO!
I so wished it was Bayo banging at that door.
Ur flatmate's asking for BIG trouble.
Maybe you should sit her down and tell her not to rope you in her mess next time.

bumight said...

are you for real?
thank God Boo believed you, how many guys would?
so are you going to leave the apartment?

Naapali said...

Chikito! See how Sade nearly put Ganja in your pocket! U berra leave before someting else happens.

Joy Akut said...

u're living in ur own fuji house of commotion.
what if she actually denied knowing anything about the dude?u 4 explain tire.
but seriously, its from lil things like this u get an idea of wat the big picture would be...
becareful wit such people.

girl u must have some stamina, stayin up that late n getting up that early? jeez

desperate lady said...

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOO omg y am i d only one laughing ma ass off pls.....
Girl just go to church and thank God for the boo u have cos i don't think anyother guy would let that slide like that for real.
He saw u naked??????? lol i bet u he'll ask Sade for ur digits.

babes pls do something about the word verification thingy pls. That thing kills ma mood.

Anu boy said...

i don tell you say next time, na me go burst into your room...

naked flesh...

omo nothing do me jo...

i wonder how long your roomie wants to make herself look really stupid.. lol

little miss me said...

ok they have clearly crossed the line ,Sade and this Duke guy i mean,its time you speak to her about it if you still plan on leaving in that house in peace...i can imagine how angry your boo must have been.

darkelcee said...

Boo is such a wonderful guy.

Just make sure you dont loose him ok?

I am not sure most men will beleive that.

Today's ranting said...

This is one weird story.U really lucky to have a lovely man like boo.He seems cool headed and understanding.Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Naija Chickito said...

@onydchic- it is necessary for me to leave o. He fiance owns the house. If he finds out what's been happening...

@uzo-my brother! Na wa.

@Princesa-she's old enough to know better.

@bumight- my sista, see me. Already looking for house. Sharp sharp.

@naapali- yes o. shame to bad people dem. It will not work.

@fantasy queen- I can sleep all day. For some funny reason, I prefer to sleep during the day..but what can one do when you got a roomy like mine?

@DL-No be laughing matter o. I am truly fed up. didn't know she was like this!

have taken care of it for you my darl.

@anu boy- i get knife under my pillow! if you like your 'thing'....beware!
nothing do you jo!

@little miss me-will talk to her...to ask for my remaining rent money! let her go and explain to her boyfriend!

@darkelcee-i am lucky. he is crazy in love with me and believes pretty much anything i say!

@today's ranting-thanks dear, will drop by again.

Manda said...

wow! u tried accomodating dat guy o! Bayo would sure have called u an accomplice! Abeg berra have a reasonable talk wit ur flattie o!

Anya Posh said...

Na wa! Abeg make Sade no add you to her wahala. You don't need that kind of drama becus once you start lying for her, you become an accomplice in her dirty deeds!

guerreiranigeriana said...

you are lucky that your boo believed o!!!...i am with naapali...you had better leave...if that girl couldn't even come and explain herself to your boo and she allowed ole boy to come into your room knowing that you sometimes doze naked, she is not considerate...in the words of naapali: U berra leave before someting else happens...na true talk be dat...

TigerTem said...

Wowee. Who needs soap operas on TV with your blog! Bring it on...Your flatmate looks set to be the catalyst of the show.

Looking forward to tuning in for the next episode.

p.s. its all fun as a soap opera as long as you make sure her nonsense doesn't affect you.

Naija Chickito said...

@manda- accommodate ke? not me and them. that's the last time dat would happen

@anyaposh- how can i lie for such a person? If her bf should ask, i definitely wouldn't cover for her. but with such things, diplomacy is key.

@guerreiranigeriana-planning that, fast!

@tiger tem-i'm beginning to think so too. i need some peace and quiet in my live. but it's all good.

Edirin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edirin said...

watz gd miz chickito, its like i havent been here in while and its been like a day or so, lol

anyway, this your flatmate, her own don too much sef, but hey, without her, we wouldnt get all this juicy gist

all that matters anyway is that, you and your boo are still solid, if it woz some kind of boys, they would have jumped to conclutions quick time

still loving the blog, you have me addicted sha...

Edirin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Afrobabe said...

Mennnnn see unneccesary yawa oh...imagine...Thank God ur boo is a reasonable person oh...some guys wont bother listening...

Anonymous said...

Phew! Some commotion that was...

Please if that roommate/flatmate of yours, doesn’t know how to live a double life…tell her to quit the job before she gets it bad.

But you have to thank God for an understanding Boo...

Anonymous said...

lol wow... thats hilarious. good thing your boo understood tho

flawsandall said...

ewo see drama...r u sure your boo really belived your story....cos everything looked like you had a guy in your bedroom..and not answering your phone made it more suspcious..lol

that was funny though

guerreiranigeriana said...

this comment is unrelated to your post, but related to the comment you left...you know i am now very curious what you think...i won't eat you alive...well maybe my sarcasm:)...just came to tell you that i wanted to hear your opinion...it may prove insightful for us all...

Anonymous said...

lol

La Reine said...

Ohh chile, that girl needs something like a smack or two upside the head. Girl knows you sleep au naturel and let her...lil nasty friend in, no shame sef, but we all knew that.

Head for the hills, girl! Ruuun! I can't even imagine.
What if Boo didn't believe you, what with your girl shivering in her room?

Man, three cheers for your Boo.
Now pack load and carry go, just that drama is nasty.
I can only imagine what would have happened if it was Bayo at the door...

Anonymous said...

SHIT!SHIT!SHIT!WHAT????????????

Naija Chickito said...

@F&F- thanks dear for the love

@afrobabe- me i thank God for my boo o!

@miz opeke- my sis, no mind am. I know she wont try this again, at least not for a while

@geisha- uh huh

@Zephi Fahrenheit-he believes me, he always does. am i the luckiest chick or what?

@guerreiranigeriana-em...maybe in another place and time? pls o, i still love my head. lol

@pink satin- lol

@la reine- i will leave asap. her bobo don dey smell rat. things are heating up.

@honeywell- i wish it was as uncomplicated as a movie myself, but this is my reality!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

I THINK u shld listen to BOO leave the apartment. u dont need the hassle.

N.I.M.M.O said...

My first time here. You know when I started reading your blog, I thot to myself

'Oh God, not another virgin!'

But somehow, I just continued reading through. So much drama in your life Chikito.

True. We men don't get enough credit for the stuff we do most times. Please give your Boo a very looong kiss for me jare. Na correct guy.

*What? Why are you looking at me like that? A kiss doesn't mean you lose your virginity, does it?*

You & Sade. Just the conspiracies that you women form. I am waiting to see if you will take Boo's advice and leave that flat.

I will be pleasantly surprised.

Nice blog you have here.

doll (retired blogger) said...

reminds me olf why i cannot get stay with girls