BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Take Two...

Just last month I was having a conversation with some typical Nigerian men and I was mad to hear the things they had to say. Ok, see me O! I worship at a very popular church in Abuja and our head pastor is gorgeous. She has ‘The Word’ but she is also real good looking. My friends and I got into this argument about how they felt she was not celibate (her husband is late). They believed that a woman that pretty had to have someone who serviced (pardon the use of that word!) her at regular intervals… I know…such nerve hmmn? For a moment I was speechless, then I responded by saying that I didn’t know if she had a young (or old) man for that purpose, but it is possible for a woman to keep herself without sex if she wanted to. They laughed in my face as if what I was saying was impossible, just imagine. One of them, E, also argued that he was a Catholic and he had seen many instances where even Reverend Fathers and Sisters had rendezvous and sexcapades, saying ‘body no be fire wood’.

Ok, pause. I am a 25 year old virgin (did you say something?). And I definitely know it is totally possible to be celibate for a long period of time. .tell me about it! (e no easy sha, abeg!) But most guys think it’s impossible. So imagine their animated faces when I reluctantly revealed this just to buttress my point. They jumped up and down. I told them that I couldn’t speak for anyone, but advised them to respect my pastor and not say those things about her. They left that matter, na me them come face.

‘So you are a virgin?’ E asked. ‘I don’t believe you. Prove it to us,’ he continued.

‘Haba,’ I replied. ‘How am I supposed to do that? It’s either you believe me or you don’t.’ The conversation continued along those lines. After we had this conversation, I could tell that they had this new respect for me and my bobo. It was obvious they didn’t think such people still existed. I was even surprised that they believed me, as most people just don’t believe me when I tell them. What’s the big deal? Don’t get the wrong impression. I’m by no means a prude but I believe what I believe and for me, sex before marriage is out of the question. Another friend of mine in another place and time once told me he wanted to date and marry an untouched woman. He would love to be his wife’s first. He just couldn’t stand to know she had been with another guy, or maybe 2 or 3 or 20..eewwww! But then, the age old argument arises again. Some guys want them fresh, yet they insist on sex in a relationship they don’t believe will necessarily lead to marriage. I know some ladies don’t mind and I respect their choices. But even as una dey do am, small small o…AIDS is real! LOL.

So tell me, has anyone met any 25yr old virgins? Would the guys want a virgin wife? For the married ones, were you your wife’s first?

I’m out. Have a lovely day!

21 comments:

Zoe Believer said...

Thanks for passing by my blog..i loved this piece. Yes, there are quite a number of girls I know that are determined to get married as virgins and some are even older than 25! You are in great company! Thanks for starting your blog and I'm looking to reading many more posts!

Simi Speaks said...

Great blog already!

Well, am not a guy so cant answer the last question.

But i must say, am truly impressed you are still a virgin, especially in this world we live in. Watching BET alone fit dis-virgin someone. lol.

Admin UD said...

hahahaha...naija guys are defo weirdo's for real! Imagine such a question!!

Anyways, if you're a virgin and you're 25, then you must be really special!

tnx for stopping by mine...>Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

virgin @ 25? urrrghh...what 4?

desperate lady said...

Have i met a 25yr old virgin??? Yeah! Me! And i'm 28.
I like ur blog and welcome to blogsville.

Unknown said...

i know a 30 yr old virgin...
it is possible..
keep ur head up
nice blog

Onome said...

all i can say is bravo....i doff my hat for u!

onydchic said...

I don't know why guys find it hard it so hard to believe that they're still virgins out there. God knows, I know enough. They just like generalizing. Then again, maybe they know how may girls they've slept with, they find it hard to believe they're still any untouched ones left!!!

P.s. Great what you're doing so far. Nice blog, and thanx so much for stopping by, pls do again!

Flourishing Florida said...

25 year old virgin??? sure, what's weirdo abt that. my dear, it's ur decision o. while there r folks who insists dat all good things will happen to u cos u r a virgin (loads of crap, if u ask me), others say ur marriage wouldn't b interesting if u don't knw anything (loads of crap too). d truth is it's neither here or there. as with everything there'r pros & cons 2 t, that's y wen i decide on something i stick 2 t. As 4 ur pastor's wife - madam, no go vouche 4 any human being o. i've heard stories o, & i've seen things. although 2 b frank, it's harder going celibate after u've tasted d sweetness of sex sha. i shld knw, i periodically go celibate. each time i vow am not doing again till marriage, then something go just happen & i change my mind ... lol. i hope dis time around it'd b different sha. nice stuff by d way

Uzo said...

Men and even women find the concept of celibacy hard to believe...LOL

Good for you though...

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

im a 28 year old virgin top that. o so u go to that beautiful church hmm i go there occasionally.im tired of havin that argument weit pple i think all shld let her be,.

Edirin said...

WOW,not to be rude or anything
but how do you function,25 long years

i find it crazy,only a woman can do that kind of things,but then again anyone can,its tv and newpapper and all these things. that make sex out to be something its not.but still,everyone needs good loving,lol

as for me,i would like an untouched girl but not willing to do thesame..

in this country girls as tyoung as 13 are having babies...so sad

Naija Chickito said...

Thanks guys for stopping by.

@anonymous gal, desperate lady, for real? I'm impressed.

@Fresh and fab..it's not easy, but it's a choice. Thanks for stopping by. Off to see your blog.

princesa said...

Congrats on ur decision.

Comrade said...

It's normal for humans to generalise. It's normal for young people to profess that sexual abstinence is unachievable. Well, all things are possible to him/her that..............

Allied said...

Another 25yr old virgin in the house... It is very possible but as you people dont believe me when i tell them

Allied said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Juma said...

I love your blog. You're such a role model.

zara (my alter ego) said...

lol.. ur blog is hot. been reading all ur old posts and am definately bookmarking u. yep i definately have seen 25 year old virgins. my sister is a 26 year old virgin.. and she's getting married around the same time that u r. congratulations. am a 22 year old virgin.. and i tell u the pressure isnt easy especially when u have all them randy bois and men panting after u! lol

Anonymous said...

Well I'm 27 years old dude and I've never done the dead. Well it started as a religious thing. All that "soul tie" pentecostal stuff until I found out half that people preaching that stuff are hypocrites. But celibacy works for me, saves me from a lot of complications. Celibacy, responsible sex, whatever works for you, that's my world view.

Anonymous said...

meant to say deed.