BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Vanity upon vanity

I've not been here in a while and it seems like an eternity! So much is happening around blogsville..yeah been doing my rounds.

On Friday last week, I wore this new traditional dress I just made, to work. I knew I looked good, didn't need nobody to tell me. I just discovered this new tailor in Abuja and I'm so glad I did. Her prices are high, but she is really good. So, back to Friday. There is this chick *Blacky from my office. She's good looking, but I discovered she's always trying to size me up, not confident in her own beauty, needing to put others down to feel better about herself. Below are some sample questions that she's most likely to ask me should we meet during the course of a work day:
"Chickito, I like your shoes. Where did you get them?"
"How much did your jacket cost?"
"Is that an authentic Gucci bag? If you tell me how much you got it, I'll know. The real ones are really expensive. Could be a nice knock off!"
"That can't possibly be real diamond studs on your ears!" Which one be her own sef?

Most of my colleagues and I are like family and I guess Blacky wants to be accepted by all means so she goes about trying to act like she knows what's up, but ends up alienating herself even more. But the one she really does that I can never understand is the way she copies me. She'll never say she likes my hairdo, but a week after I do a new hair do, she'll go and have hers done. At first, I thought it was just coincidence, but it kept on happening. As of this morning, she's sporting a long black weave! If you remember, that's what I have on at the moment!! When I told another colleague of ours, she asked me to ignore her and feel flattered that she wants to be like me. Anyway, Last Friday, I had a shawl over my beautiful dress (It does get painfully cold at the office) when she walked into my office. I wanted her to see my dress and eat her eyes out, but atlas, I was covered. Damn.. I knew if I suddenly removed the shawl, it would've been obvious that I was showing off. She came in with some breakfast and announced that she was going down the hall from my office to eat and invited me to come along. She always did this and I always politely rejected the offer, but that day, I saw it as my chance to show her my dress as i felt I won't have another opportunity , because her office is on another floor of the building). I know, it's terribly childish and vain, but I just couldn't resist. As I got up from my chair I slowly dropped my shawl 'mistakenly' and walked past her. Her mouth almost fell open. I could see she loved the dress, but hated me for having it. She didn't say a word. I didn't mind. As we walked down the hall, all the guys we passed complimented me and she was really fuming. We got to the room and she told me we were having moi moi and ijebu garri (Ok, she went to one Oga's office to collect the garri. The guy is a typical Yoruba man, and can't do without his Ijebu Garri). I ate just a little moi moi. My mission was accomplished. i thanked her and went back to my office. I really still can't believe I did that. I'm not usually that shallow, but this home girl is getting sick of Blacky's attitude.

And to other gist, I had the weekend to think and sort myself out. Boo traveled and I was able to break my emotional thingy with Tom. Told him to get lost in no uncertain terms. He was so angry, I thought he would force himself on me to prove I wanted him. I just prayed for God's help and I got it. I don't think he'll be calling me back. I am content and I can look forward to my future with confidence. Thanks to all of you for your support through the difficult time.

I'm out


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st!!!!!!!! Let me go read!

Edirin said...

oh "desperate lady" you should read b4 commenting, which 1 u dey, which means i am truly first


blacky is funny, i would love it if sum1 is competing with me, u shud feel gd, i kno i wud lol

i realli tut u wud have stuck with tom u know,lol. thats gd anyway

Anonymous said...

!!!!!fresh and fab!!!!!!1 people keep their spot before they read trust me.

Blackie is a trip maaaan, I love girls like that but the thing is, they can't copy me especially ma hair styles cos they'll look absolutely stupid. She envies u so much and she can't even hide it....na wa 4 some naija babes o.

I'm glad u made the right decision, honey love, I'm very proud of u.
Uve made mama(me) proud babe and hopefully he doesn't call u again.

darkelcee said...

OH GIRL!

i no like wetin you do o

i have checked ur blog more than 15 times since thursday! i am used to your updating daily! ok o welcome back.

hmm thumbs up for what u did too blacky. she is just a spineless worm! (lol as if worms have spines!)

you are ok jare

enjoy

onydchic said...

Well, I'm glad you gave Tom the boot. It was necesary!

As for Blacky, it's almost compulsary to have such in an office. I think there's this subconscious, endless competition going between women sometimes. I remember I once did this not-too-common lovely braids. I got evil stares like I'd more or less admitted to stealing their boyfriends.

Girlie said...

lol at desperate lady and fresh and fab....lol

hope u made the right decision hun!!!!well i think u did

ah well. Garri and moi moi...r u tryin to make me hungry. kai

luv ya sweets.
xxx

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

i agree it ony... there is a blackky in everi office.she wants to kno the price of evrithin u have on includin your pantis.hmm i might just hook up witu to go see that tailor o. musa ho is cheap manages to ruin evrithin. meanwhile does the tailors name start wit t?

UnNaked Soul said...

A girl's twang...

princesa said...

LOl!
If someone is copying you, it means you're doing something right.
Keep it up babes.
and drinking garri in the office is a crime o!lol!

Anu boy said...

okay... i think i will leave it for the girls to comment on....

but hold up, what happens when you still love your ex.....

should one go back or......

Naija Chickito said...

@F&F - For me, I realize that aside the excitement that Tom offers, we really don't have that much in common to build a strong relationship on.

@Desperate lady- LOL. She does look stupid on occasion.
I also pray he doesn't call again and let's sleeping dogs lie.

@darlelcee- My babe, sorry o. The pressures of work. Thank you.

@Ony - I don't know why some girls have to hate on fellow girls. Not cool.

@girlie - thanks babe.

@Anonymous gal- LOL, LOL, LOL. Musa en? I've had many-a-fabrics ruined myself. No more. The tailor's name starts with I.

@unNaked Soul - thanks for reading and commenting anyway. I do appreciate it.

@pricesa - Gurl, you had me laughing so hard. How we go do na?

@anu boy - Hmm that one hard o! I don't think i still love Tom, just brought back some deep seated memories of exciting times. If you are sure you still love the ex, then it's more complicated. What made you breakup in the first place? If it's irreconcilable differences, then back off. But if not, the possibilities are endless.
Ah, I'm back to my old self.

Uzo said...

We all have a little cattiness in us...LOL

little miss me said...

hahahahha!!i'm sure blacky is going to come to work in her own one of a kind traditional dress next week.good thing you ended it with Tom,wise choice

La Reine said...

Just dropping in.
Nice blog.
..Blackie will pro'ly try her hand on coping your trad style and fail, poor thing.

I'll be back

Simi Speaks said...

ahhh. Thx God o!! sounds like Boo won the battle.. :-0)

Afrobabe said...

Glad you sorted the man thingssss....
That coying thing pisses me off big time...my room mate does it majorly,was forced to ask her if she doen't have any likes of her own....hisss....

shhhh...cough...wink...nudge... said...

With the way things are going btw u and that blackly u might need to start praying on yr seat before you sit on it every morning.
:)

@ DL, do you have a shed wer u keep yr mat in bolgsville? :D

bumight said...

you are BADDDD!!!! lol!
taunting the poor babe lyk dat! lmao!

guerreiranigeriana said...

haha...stupid girl!!...who has time to be jealous of others?...wow...